Friday, October 12, 2007

Art and Stress and Infections Oh My!

Well, im still alive and kicking here in Seneca, though I did have one little thing try and get in the way of that, but that comes later.

Art-wise, Im feeling great. So many things to learn, and I love it. One day Im perfecting composition in Layout, and on another day, I'm being taught new methods for Animation. Im soaking every bit of it up as much as I can. Not to mention hitting the Life drawing session nearly everyday trying to workout my lifedrawing. Some days, worry does catch up to me when I see some amazing art done by one or another peer of mine, and I wonder if I'm at the level I should be at. But in the end, as much as that feeling sucks, It only leads me to working harder to get better.
Of course, all these hours spent all day at my desk are turning up some... Un-wanted effects. I did start the year off great, finishing nearly every assignment practically right away, but work has started piling up, leading me to having to stay later and later every week. I've already had to deal with a cold, which is something that I almost never have to do. Stupid stress...

Possibly the most eventful thing to happen to me lately could have killed me if I didnt do anything about it. It all started with a simple, insignificant scratch on the side of my right foot. I was stupid, and didnt really bother to do anything about it, so it just sat there untended while I spent entire days at school, with a shoe over it. I noticed it getting more and more sore, and even yellow as a couple days went by, until one day I could bare even stand on it. As I was heading home, I noticed even my leg was sore, and after close inspection, discovered red marks moving up my leg where it was sore, all starting from where the cut was. Of course I went to the doctor to get some anti-biotics for this bloody infection, and Im glad I did. I've got a feeling if I didnt do anything about it, things could've gotten very serious.

Alright thats all for now. Next time, I think I'll find the time to show off some new Cafe Drawings.

2 comments:

Chemical Robotiks said...

the cafe drawings are cool

Anonymous said...

oh gosh! I hope that infection thing is gone now and that you're feeling better =S and it sucks being sick during school, for my bout of flu, it wiped me out for 3 days and I'm still trying to get back on track >_<

~ Thea